How to create a new email in Litmus
When you log in to your Litmus account, you’ll be able to jump right into building, testing, and monitoring your emails as well as creating folders and managing emails.
Sending emails in to Litmus
Sending in to Litmus lets you test an accurate test send from your ESP and will visually match closest to what your subscribers will be getting. Emails sent into Litmus will include the ESP send-time HTML processing, which impacts previews and Proofs.
- Click the blue "Send in a draft" button in the "Test your email" box.
- If your personal Litmus email has been set up, it will appear at the top with a copy button.
- Paste that address into your ESP to send a draft. The email will arrive in the Inbox.
If you have NOT set up your personal test address you will see a prompt to create one. You can edit your Litmus address at any time at https://litmus.com/settings.
Create an Email in Litmus
Creating an Email in Litmus lets you bring an email directly into any folder. If you are on a Plus or Enterprise plan, you can also use Litmus' ESP integrations to send into Litmus without going to the ESP.
You can start from the Dashboard or any folder:
- From the Dashboard, click "Create new" to create a new email in the Inbox.
- From any folder, click the "New Email" button in the upper right. This will create the email in that folder.
Using the New Email Dialog
- First, enter a title for your email and select your workflow: "Build", "Test" or "Review"
2. Once you have selected a workflow, you will be presented with various options for creating or importing your email.
To get back to the dialog box you can select "New Version" from the various email views.
Duplicating an Existing Email
You can also start a new email by duplicating an existing email. There are two places where you can duplicate an email:
Duplicating an email in the folder view
Within the folder view, you can duplicate an email by clicking on the breadcrumbs next to the created by field.
Duplicating an email in the email view
Within an individual email, you can duplicate an email by clicking on the breadcrumbs next to the email's name.
Duplicating an email will create the email in the same folder as the original email (you can then move it to the appropriate folder). In addition, it will automatically name it "Copy of [Original email]". You can rename the email.
When you duplicate an email, it will only create the email in Builder and no Email Previews will be automatically generated. You can use the "Update Proof & Previews tabs" functionality to create the email in the Previews & QA pre-send checklist and Proof.