Can I use Email Analytics without tracking Personally identifiable information (PII) for each open?
Yes. Litmus EA actively promotes PII compliance and prevents the collection of personal information by default.
When creating a tracking code in Litmus you are asked to choose your Email Service Provider (ESP) that you will use to send the email. We will automatically insert a relevant and PII compliant unique user identifier upon selection of your ESP from the drop-down menu. If your ESP is not listed, you can manually enter a PII compliant merge tag your ESP supports. View the list of ESPs we include in the drop down menu.
If you are not looking for individual recipient level data from Email Analytics at all, you can simply skip selecting an ESP when you create a tracking code.
- How do I create a new email analytics tracking code?
- Can I include a campaign code or custom parameter in my analytics reports?
- Advanced Email Analytics Merge Tags
- What is a merge tag?
- What data fields are reported in individual-level tracking CSV exports?
- What data is available for export from my reports?