Legacy Litmus retirement FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why are you retiring the legacy platform?
- When will the legacy platform be retired?
- How do I tell if I’m in the new Litmus?
- How do I opt in to new Litmus?
- What do I have to do prior to retirement?
- Do I have to transfer all of my projects into new Litmus prior to retirement?
- How do I get started with the new Litmus? Any helpful resources to share?
- How should I reach out if I have any questions or feedback?
Why are you retiring the legacy platform?
In October 2019, we launched the new, redesigned Litmus, providing your team with one seamless view to build, test, review, and analyze emails with helpful organization tools and improved visibility. As we continue to innovate in the new Litmus, we will be retiring our legacy platform in April 2021.
When will the legacy platform be retired?
The legacy platform will be retired for all accounts in April 2021. The switch will happen automatically—there is nothing you need to do on your end.
How do I tell if I’m in the new Litmus?
The new Litmus includes the menu at the top in the blue bar and the dashboard includes all of your email projects (see below for a screenshot of the new Litmus).
How do I opt in to new Litmus?
Within the legacy platform, there is a banner that has a button to “Try new Litmus.”
If you’ve already clicked on that banner—or dismissed it—you can opt in again by clicking on the “Try new Litmus” button in the sidebar, or on the dashboard.
Opt-in button in the sidebar
What do I have to do prior to retirement?
We recommend that your team makes the transition prior to retirement so that you’re able to take full advantage of all of the additional value in the new Litmus immediately. And so you’re comfortable with it by the time the legacy platform is retired.
However, there’s nothing you have to do prior to retirement. We’ll make the switch automatically for you. All of your legacy projects will still be accessible in the “Legacy Emails” folder. You can move them into the new Litmus whenever you’d like to access them.
Do I have to transfer all of my projects into new Litmus prior to retirement?
No! For starters, all of your legacy Email Analytics and Spam Tests are automatically available in new Litmus by default.
You’ll have to transfer your legacy Builder, Checklist, and Proof projects into new Litmus to access them there, but you don’t need to do that prior to retirement. They’ll be accessible in the “Legacy Emails” folder to transfer whenever you’re ready (note that our retention policy for legacy tests has remained the same).
Check out this article for more details about how to transfer your legacy projects into new Litmus.
How do I get started with the new Litmus? Any helpful resources to share?
We have lots of helpful resources to share! We want to help make the transition as seamless as possible for you and your team.
For starters, here are detailed getting started guides, broken out by plan type:
- Basic plan: Getting started with the new Litmus platform
- Plus plan: Getting started with the new Litmus platform
- Pro plan: Getting started with the new Litmus platform*
- Enterprise plan: Getting started with the new Litmus platform
*The Pro plan is no longer available for new accounts.
In addition, we have the following resources:
- Download the quick start guide
- Watch an overview of the new Litmus
- Check out our webinar recording: How to Seamlessly Transition your Team to the new Litmus
How should I reach out if I have any questions or feedback?
Send an email to email@example.com! We’re always happy to help.
In addition, within new Litmus you can click on "Help" at the top right and select "Provide feedback" from the dropdown or "Contact support."