Litmus Email Analytics FTP Data Feeds
Litmus Email Analytics FTP Data Feeds, available for select Enterprise plans, provides you with the raw data behind your Email Analytics campaigns. This solution helps you to integrate Email Analytics data into environments like CRM suites or business intelligence platforms. In order to take advantage of these data feeds you need the capability to receive file transfers via FTP, FTPS or SFTP and to automate processing and importing of these files upon receipt.
FTP data feed process
- Once per day, Litmus will push a CSV file containing all the hits for your campaign for the past 24 hours to an FTP location that you define.
- You will receive 1 file per campaign. If you have multiple concurrent campaigns you will receive multiple files.
- The files will be zipped to expedite Litmus' sending of your files.
- Litmus will make every reasonable attempt to deliver the files. In the case of a temporary outage, all hits since the last successful transmission will be delivered with each file containing 24 hours' worth of data.
File naming convention
The file will be named GUID_YYYY_MM_DD.zip and will be a ZIP containing a single file named similarly, GUID_YYYY_MM_DD.csv where GUID is the campaign GUID unique to your campaign. File names are unique, containing a GUID and date stamp. In the unlikely event that a duplicate file name exists, we consider that a transmission failure and will contact you regarding the failure.
File delivery window
We aim to deliver files between 12:00 AM and 05:00 AM EST.
Available data in feeds
We maintain a full list of data fields with descriptions. You'll receive timestamp information, email client details, and platform, among other details.
NOTE: To align with rising data privacy protection measures and to protect the privacy of your subscribers, Litmus removed the geolocation data from Litmus Email Analytics in January 2022.
Supported FTP servers
Litmus currently supports:
- Secure FTP (aka FTPS) using either SSL or TLS
- FTP over SSH (aka SFTP) without key exchange
Litmus does not support anonymous FTP.
- You can provide a directory for Litmus to drop the files into. You may wish to limit the user to only have access to a single folder so you would not need to provide a directory.
- If your server is down or there is a transmission failure, on the next attempt we will send all the new hits since the last successful transmission. For example, if your server is down one day, the next day you would receive two files containing 24 hours' worth of data each. If you anticipate your server being down for a prolonged period, please let us know and we can pause transmission.
- Once you supply your server information to Litmus, it can take 48 to 72 hours to get your data added to our transmission process. Additionally, FTP will only work for Email Analytics codes created after you've submitted your details and going forward. Currently running and past campaigns will not be included.
- Receiving a blank file with only column headers indicates you've not received any Email Analytics hits in the past 24 hours for that campaign. We will always send a file so that customers who have set up automated imports can rely on always receiving a file with headers even if there is no data for that time period.
- For Enterprise customers, to get started with an FTP feed, please contact our support team via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the details of the FTP server where you would like the data delivered.
- For resellers of Litmus Email Analytics that are interested in using this feature, please contact our Partners team before using FTP-related API methods.