ESP Sync for Marketo
With ESP Sync for Marketo, you can automatically sync your email code and assets from Litmus Builder to Marketo while you build. When it’s time to review your email with Proof or Checklist or run a Spam Test, you can quickly select a draft email from Marketo to view in Litmus without ever switching tools.
Setting up Marketo requires some extra inputs: Client Id, Client Secret, and the Identity URL and Endpoint URL from the REST API in your account. We currently only support syncing to Templates for Marketo ESP Syncing.
Note: You will need to be a user in an Admin role for your Marketo account to complete the setup.
You need to create a Custom Service to connect to Litmus and associate that service with an API Only User in Marketo. Here is a quick start guide for Marketo REST API which shows how to do this. You only need to select Read-Write Assets permissions (in step 3) to use ESP Sync.
Once you have an API role and API Only user set up:
- Go to Admin > LaunchPoint
- Create a New Service (select Custom as the service type)
- Once service is created, get the Client Id and Client Secret by clicking on View Details
- Go to Admin > Web Services
- Grab the Identity URL and Endpoint URL under the REST API section
- You can now set up your connection to Marketo from the Settings > Manage ESPs page in Litmus. You will need to enter your Identity URL, Endpoint URL, and the Client ID and Client Secret for the service you created.
- Click Add & Authenticate ESP to complete the setup (make sure there are no spaces at the start of your Identity URL and Endpoint URL).
Your Litmus account should now be connected and ready to sync with Marketo.