Real-time Data Feeds
EA Real-Time Data Feeds enable marketers to directly connect Litmus EA data to their ESP or BI platform, so they can get a holistic view of their email campaign results in near real-time.
It uses Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS), to send Email Analytics hit data, collected from Litmus tracking codes, to customers as soon as it is received by Litmus (in real-time).
At the point hit data is detected by Litmus the customer receives the callback from Litmus with the details and data, they are then able to process this information into any other system or BI tool they choose to configure.
What Litmus plan is Real-time Data Feeds available on?
Real-Time Data feeds is an Enterprise-level feature and access is included in all Enterprise plans at no additional cost.
Does my Litmus plan need to include ‘API access’ to be able to use Real-Time Data Feeds?
No. In the same way our EA FTP service operates, Real-Time Data Feeds are available to all Enterprise accounts, regardless of that plan including the API access component.
Are there plug-and-play connectors?
EA Real-Time Data Feeds is not a plug-and-play connector that automatically works with ESPs and BI tools. It does require development work on the part of the customer in order to use it.
Is data passed bi-directionally?
It is not a two-way connection. EA Real-Time Data Feeds sends information from Litmus to the customer’s ESP or BI platform. No ESP or BI data is brought into Litmus.
What extra analysis does Real-Time Data Feeds provide?
Real-Time Data Feeds do not capture any additional data beyond what is included within the Litmus Email Analytics product or provide any specific analysis of the data. The feed pushes the existing data points Litmus collects for each open to the customer’s system of choice. From here the customer can choose how they manipulate or analyze the data.
What do I need to get started with Litmus Real-Time Data feeds?
In order to begin consuming data feeds the Litmus customer must have:
- An eligible Litmus Enterprise account that has access to and is using Email Analytics
- A suitable http/https endpoint capable of receiving POST requests from Amazon SNS. full setup details here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sns/latest/dg/sns-http-https-endpoint-as-subscriber.html
What steps are involved in getting set up with Real-Time Data Feeds?
- Send an email to your Litmus Account Manager and copy in email@example.com, requesting access to Real-Time Data Feeds. Note - You will need to include the endpoint URL that will receive the POST requests for this request to progress.
- Litmus Technical Support will register the Endpoint provided.
- Once the Endpoint is registered by Litmus Technical Support, they will access your Litmus account and create a new ‘test’ tracking code, activate it then trigger a hit against it.
- After the test tracking code has captured some data, Litmus Technical Support will then log into AWS and be able to confirm the subscription.
- Once the subscription is confirmed, the feeds are fully configured. All hits for campaigns created from this point forward will be sent to the endpoint.