Litmus Enterprise: Managing Users & Subaccounts
You can easily manage users and teams across your parent account and subaccounts in your Enterprise plan.
Note: Users (with the exception of the Account Holder) need to be added to each individual subaccount in order to access that particular subacccount. Users added to the parent account will not automatically have access to all subaccounts under the parent.
If you need to delete a subaccount, please contact us for assistance.
Adding new Subaccounts
You’ll be asked to choose a name for your new subaccount in the pop-up modal. We generally recommend using a clear naming convention that indicates the client, division, or team that will be using the subaccount. You can also rename the subaccount later. When you’re good to go, click Create Account.
To rename an existing subaccount, navigate to the Accounts page and click on Rename under the subaccount you wish to rename. After making your changes, click Update Account.
Adding new users to Subaccounts
Once you’ve created a subaccount, adding a new user is simple. You can add a new user via two methods:
- Navigate to Settings next to your name in the upper right-hand corner then to Users & Groups.
- Click on the Add New User button in the upper right-hand corner of the Summary or Accounts pages.
From here, the Add User modal will pop up. First, add the new user’s name and email address that will be used to log in.
To assign access to subaccounts, navigate to the appropriate accounts or use the search field. You may also choose access and permission levels for each account. Click Create User.
User permission levels
- Account Holder: Can manage/create subaccounts, add/delete users, manage billing, and set global security settings for the account. They also have full access to all Litmus features in the account.
- Admins: Can edit/delete users on subaccounts they have access to except other admins. Unlike account holders, they cannot manage subaccount creation or global security settings. If an Admin on the Parent account, they can manage billing; if an Admin on only a subaccount, they will not have access to billing. They also have full access to all Litmus features in the account.
- Full: Has full access to all Litmus features. Cannot manage user permissions.
- Code Editor: Read-only access to the Design Library, so they cannot create, edit, or delete Templates, Partials, or Snippets. Full access to all other features.
- Content Editor: No access to the Design Library, and also cannot edit email code in Litmus Builder. Content Editors can, however, build emails in the Visual Editor. Full access to all other features.
- Reviewer: Can view existing emails, tests, and campaign results in Analytics. Can review Proofs and comment on them. Reviewers cannot delete or modify anything in your Litmus account.
- Proof Reviewer: Can view only the Proof section of Litmus. Can review Proofs they were invited to and comment on them. Proof Reviewers cannot create new Proofs or delete or modify anything in your Litmus account. Proof Reviewers are created when you invite a new user, not currently on your account, to view a Proof by entering their email into the ‘Share’ dialog. The Proof Reviewer role is also automatically assigned to all new users who are added to an account by commenting on a public Proof page.
To edit a user, navigate to the Accounts page. Click on the user’s name or on the Cog in the right-hand column.
You can edit the user’s name, email address, and permission/access levels in the User Modal.
Deleting users from individual Subaccounts
You can delete a user from an individual parent account or subaccount via the Accounts page. Click the trashcan icon to the right of the user’s name to remove them from that particular subaccount.
Deleting users from all Parent & Subaccounts
Access the User Modal by clicking on a user’s name or by clicking the Cog next to their name on the Accounts page. Click on the link to ‘Remove User from all accounts’. A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm.
You can view user and child account reports on the Reports page. By default, the page will exclude Reviewers, but you can view all users by using the All users filter on the right-hand side.
Reviewing user history
The default view for the Reports page is a list of unique users for your current billing month. You’ll find user history, email address, last login, parent/subaccount(s) assignments, and user permission level(s).
To review previous billing cycles and user permission history, click on the Show Usage For dropdown in the upper right corner and choose the appropriate billing month.
Download a user report
To download a report of all your unique users, their last login, and permission levels and subaccount access, click on the Export As CSV button in the upper right corner.
The report contains name, email address, last login, and a list of all account assignments/permission levels.
|Can:||Account Holder||Admin||Full||Code Editor||Content Editor||Reviewer||Proof Reviewer|
|Manage Users (across subaccounts)||✓|
|Edit Assets in Design Library||✓||✓||✓|
|Edit code in Builder||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Edit Email in Visual editor||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Create New Emails||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Create New Spam Tests||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Create New Analytic Codes||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Create New ESP Sync||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|View Spam Tests||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|View Analytic Reports||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Comment on Proof||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|