How to start a spam test using an ESP connection
Connecting your ESP to Litmus makes it fast and easy to start a Spam Test. Simply select the draft email to test and Litmus will automatically use your ESP connection to get your email scanned across 25+ different deliverability tests and blacklists.
We currently support ESP Integrations for the following ESPs:
- MailChimp (Plus plans and above)
- Campaign Monitor (Plus plans and above)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud, formerly ExactTarget (Available exclusively on Litmus Enterprise)
- Eloqua (Available exclusively on Litmus Enterprise)
- Marketo (Available exclusively on Litmus Enterprise)
How to use ESP Integrations for Spam Testing:
- First use the Manage ESPs page to connect to Litmus to your ESP account.
- Select “Start a new Spam Test” in the Spam Test section of Litmus
- On the “Connect ESP and Send” tab, select one of your connected ESPs from the dropdown.
- Once selected, your recently created draft emails will appear in a list below. Litmus provides a list of the last 30 email drafts by creation date.
- Select one of the draft emails.
- Select “Start your test”.
- Your tests results will automatically begin to start populating. Litmus uses your ESP to send your email to more than 25 different deliverability testing locations to assess issues that may lower your deliverability rates.
- Click “Results” to view your results.
For more information on Spam Testing see this article.
For more information on how to integrate Litmus with your ESP see this article.
How to get spam test results via ESP connection in the new Litmus platform
In the new Litmus platform there is an additional way you can use your ESP connection to run a spam test. When you create a new email using your ESP sync connection you'll also automatically get 7 essential spam checks in the "Spam Testing" section of your Checklist. This will help you make sure your authentication records are set up properly, including DMARC, DKIM and more, in addition to making sure you're not on any blacklists.