Managing Users & Subaccounts on Pro Subscriptions
You can easily manage users and teams across your parent account and subaccounts in your Pro subscription.
Note: Users (with the exception of the account holder) need to be added to each individual subaccount in order to access that particular subacccount. Users added to the parent account will not automatically have access to all subaccounts under the parent.
If you need to delete a subaccount, please contact us for assistance.
Adding new Subaccounts
You’ll be asked to choose a name for your new subaccount in the pop-up modal. We generally recommend using a clear naming convention that indicates the client, division, or team that will be using the subaccount. You can also rename the subaccount later. When you’re good to go, click Create Account.
To rename an existing subaccount, navigate to the Accounts page and click on the cog icon to the right of the subaccount you wish to rename. After making your changes, click Update Account.
Adding new users to Subaccounts
Once you’ve created a subaccount, adding a new user is simple. You can add a new user via two methods:
- Navigate to Manage Users next to your name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the Add New User button in the upper right-hand corner of the Summary or Accounts pages.
From here, the Add New User modal will pop up. First, add the new user’s name and email address that will be used to log in.
To assign access to subaccounts, navigate to the appropriate accounts or use the search field. You may also choose access and permission levels for each account. Click Create User.
User permission levels
- Account Holder: Can manage/create subaccounts, add/delete users, manage billing, and set global security settings for the account. They also have full access to all Litmus features in the account.
- Admins: Can edit/delete users on subaccounts they have access to. Unlike account holders, they cannot manage subaccount creation. If added to the Parent account as an Admin, they can manage billing. If added as an Admin on solely a subaccount(s), they will not have billing access. They also have full access to all Litmus features in the account.
- Full: Has full access to all Litmus features. Cannot manage user permissions.
- Read-Only: Can view completed Previews and Email Analytics data. These users cannot create new email tests, set up Email Analytics tracking codes, or manage user permissions.
To edit a user, navigate to the Accounts Page. Click on the user’s name or on the Cog in the right-hand column.
You can edit the user’s name, email address, and permission/access levels in the User Modal.
Deleting users from individual Subaccounts
You can delete a user from an individual parent account or subaccount via the Accounts page. Click the trashcan icon to the right of the user’s name to remove them from that particular subaccount.
Deleting users from all parent & Subaccounts
Access the User Modal by clicking on a user’s name or by clicking the Cog next to their name on the Accounts page. Click on the link to ‘Remove User from all accounts’. A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm.
Tracking & restoring deleted users
You can find more information about the permission(s) for each deleted user, the date they were originally added to the account, the date they were deleted, and their last login (if ever).
If you wish to Restore a user and give them access to Litmus again, simply click on the arrow next to that user under each account. A dialog box will appear alerting you of any possible charges associated with this action.
You can view user and child account reports on the Reports page. By default, the page will exclude Read-Only users, but you can view all users by using the All users filter on the right-hand side.
Reviewing user history
The default view for the Reports page is a list of unique users for your current billing month. You’ll find user history, email address, last login, parent/subaccount(s) assignments, and user permission level(s).
To review previous billing cycles and user permission history, click on the Show Usage For dropdown in the upper right corner and choose the appropriate billing month.
Download a user report
To download a report of all your unique users, their last login, and permission levels and subaccount access, click on the Export As CSV button in the upper right corner.
The report contains name, email address, last login, and a list of all account assignments/permission levels.