Using Litmus with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Litmus has several integrations with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) that let you build and test emails without manually copying and pasting code between tools, saving time and streamlining your email workflow.
NOTE: Litmus Salesforce Marketing Cloud integrations are available only on Enterprise plans.
Connect Litmus to SFMC
Connect one or more SFMC business units to Litmus to automatically sync your code and assets while you build in Litmus Builder, easily import an email for final pre-send review and testing, and see an integrated view of the insights that matter most from both SFMC & Litmus.
Note: You will need Administrative rights on your SFMC account to create the setup. Account Holders, Admins, and Full users can complete the sync in Litmus.
Sync emails to SFMC from Litmus
From the Builder tab in your email project, choose Sync to ESP. Connect your ESP instance or choose from connected ESPs. You can sync to Templates or Campaigns in SFMC and even choose a specific folder or sub-folder to sync to.
Import an email for final review and pre-send testing
Choose Create New on your Litmus home screen, then choose Test or Collaborate depending on whether you want to run automated pre-send tests or review your email in Litmus Proof. Select Next, and find your ESP in the Choose an email service provider from the drop-down menu.
Start a spam test with ESP Sync
You can also start a Spam Test using ESP Sync. From Test in the navigation bar, choose View and create spam tests, then Start a new Spam Test in the upper right corner. Choose your ESP from the Pull from your ESP drop-down menu, then Start your test.
Test as you build in SFMC with Litmus Extension
The Litmus Extension in the Google Chrome browser can be used to easily test emails—including those with dynamic content—as you build in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, eliminating the hassle of switching between tools.
- Install the Litmus Extension
- Follow steps to test different versions of personalized content within SFMC
Access email previews within SFMC
Litmus also has an integration directly within SFMC’s Email Studio’s Content Builder workflow that lets you test how your email will render across 100+ email clients and devices right within SFMC Email Studio (and wherever Content Builder and Journey Builder are used) at the subscriber level. This is helpful for ensuring that AMPScript personalization is rendering properly for subscribers in different segments.
Test dynamic content in SFMC
There are multiple ways to test dynamic content within SFMC.
Test broader segments at the rule level with Litmus Extension
- Log into the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and open the email you want to test in the Content Editor mode.
- Select the version of your email to test.
- Open Litmus Extension by selecting the Litmus logo in your Chrome browser bar. If needed, log in to your Litmus Enterprise account. Litmus Extension will test how your email renders across popular email clients and check links, tracking, image blocking, and loading speed.
- Select another version of your email in Salesforce Marketing Cloud and use the Refresh button in Litmus Extension to test each version in a single click.
Test individual personalization at the subscriber level with integrated email previews
- Log into the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and open the email you want to test in the Preview and Test mode.
- Select the subscriber list and subscriber you’d like to test.
- Select the Litmus logo, login to your account, and preview emails across 100+ email clients and devices.
- Toggle between subscribers to preview different versions of dynamic personalization.
Integrated Insights from Litmus and SFMC
The Litmus Integrated Insights Report combines email performance data from your ESP with subscriber engagement data from Litmus into a single view. These combined powerful insights make it easier than ever to create more personalized experiences, optimize design and development, and improve campaign results. Email Performance Indicators automatically surface emails that are underperforming or overachieving with visual identifiers to demonstrate why. With suggested next steps automatically outlined for you, you can confidently forge ahead and focus on driving results.