Litmus Email Previews app for Eloqua
With the Litmus Email Previews app, Eloqua users can run a preview test on their HTML, without having to leave the Eloqua Email Editor. Results are returned and viewable directly inside Eloqua, making it easier to test and iterate on the design, saving time and removing the need to move code between Litmus and Eloqua platforms.
How do I add the Litmus Email Previews app to Eloqua from the Oracle Cloud Marketplace listing?
From here you will be able to see additional details and add the app to your Eloqua account. To add the app:
1) Click the green ‘Get App’ button in the top-right corner
2) Sign into your Eloqua account when prompted (if you are not already signed in)
3) On the next screen click the ‘Accept and Install’ button in the top-right corner
How do I to access the app once it is installed?
Once the app has been successfully added to your instance of Eloqua, it will be made available for use inside the Eloqua Email Editor.
To access the app inside the Email Editor:
1) Open up/create a new email project in the Eloqua Email Editor
2) Click the hovering cloud icon located on the right side of the screen (near the top of the HTML coding window)
3) Once the draw expands click on the “Email Testing: Inbox Previews” Litmus app
4) Enter valid Litmus user login details for an eligible Litmus account when prompted
5) Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm authorization for Litmus to access HTML from Eloqua (this sign-in and authorization process is only required the first time a user accesses the app)
6) To begin running Litmus Email Preview tests, once sign-in and authorization is complete, simply click ‘Run New Test’
What type of Litmus accounts work with the app?
Litmus Email Previews app in Eloqua is available with a Litmus Enterprise plan. You can take advantage of the power of Litmus directly inside of Eloqua and view real-time previews in 90+ popular email clients and devices.
Are tests run via the app saved in my Litmus account?
Yes. Results from all tests run in via the Litmus Email Previews app in Eloqua are preserved and viewable in your Litmus account. These results can be accessed via the Litmus app in Eloqua. Open the app options by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the top-left of the Limtus Eloqua app and select 'Preview History'. This will open the main Litmus app in another browser tab where you will see an archive of all previous tests run from the Litmus Eloqua app.
Which email clients can I test via the app?
The client configuration within the app mirrors the selection in your main Litmus account. This can be changed at any time by navigating to the ‘client configuration’ menu either from the Litmus app in Eloqua, or Litmus itself. To access client configuration from Eloqua, Open the app options by clicking on the drop-down arrow in the top-left of the Limtus Eloqua app and select 'Client Selection'. This will open the main Litmus Client Configuration section in another browser tab.
Who gets access to the app when it is installed?
The app and authorization of Litmus are provided on a ‘per user’ basis. This means that all team members will need to add the app to their own instance of Eloqua, and then use their Litmus credentials to sign in to the app in order to run tests.
What information is passed between Litmus and Eloqua?
When connecting the app you grant permission for Litmus to access your Eloqua account systematically. However, Litmus only uses the connection to get the content of the email you are currently trying to test against when you enable tests via the app. Specifically, Litmus gets the HTML and subject line of the email being worked on. No other information that is stored anywhere within your Eloqua account is sent to Litmus.
In addition, no information is passed from Litmus account to Eloqua other than the results of the email content test that has been requested